Peter Jansema - Cabinet Artist
Peter made my bathroom cabinets several years ago. When I originally asked Peter to do my kitchen, he informed me he was retired. I asked him for a reference, the cabinet maker he recommended wouldn't give me a quote. So I went back to Peter and asked him for another name, he gave me his. Peter has done an outstanding job, giving me whatever I asked for, and making excellent recommendations like the pullout pantry, drawer for the garbage pail and special cabinet for cookie sheets. It's too bad Peter is retired, the world could use more artisans like Peter that are so kind, humble and agreeable.
I had one wall of cabinets removed in early July, but the real mess didn't start until the beginning of August when Dustin, one of my favorite people with a remarkable work ethic, demoed my cabinets. Then after I posted my request for help for the floors, he came and helped me finish that job. Dustin did both horribly difficult and dirty jobs with his usual "no problem" attitude.
Brian Harris - Tile Professional, Painter, Electrician, Problem Solver
Brian's specialty is tile, but that doesn't mean it's his only talent. Brian's first appearance in my kitchen was to relocate the wires for under-cabinet lighting from one wall to another. A couple weeks later he returned to paint the dining and den area, then finished up by installing the back splash. He also fixed the doors on my laundry area - I haven't been able to close one of them for 6 years. Brian cheerfully worked long hours and always left my home cleaner than he found it.
This is a wonderful store. The first thing you encounter when you walk in the store is the espresso bar and the cheery staff that will make you your favorite espresso, tea or water. Try their ginger mint water, it's delicious. They have chefs giving cooking demonstrations and the friendliest team to assist you in selecting appliances. With the high-class atmosphere and outstanding customer service, you'd think the prices would be sky-high, but they are equal to or better than big-box stores. Not only were the sales and support staff - Alex, Sarah and Marissa wonderful, but the installers - Todd, Moises and their backup were delightful as well. It was such a good experience it makes me want to remodel something else so I have a reason to shop there.
Dakota Plumbing - I can highly recommend Dakota Plumbing and will definitely call them for future plumbing needs.
Garvin Pederson - My Dad
Leaving the best for last - my dad helped me with some of the tedious electrical work, including the under-cabinet lighting and replacing my old fashioned can lights with eco-friendly LED can lights and helping me replace switches and plugs with prettier ones. He also directed me towards the porcelain tile for my flooring and helped me make the right technical selections.
A special shout-out goes to Ann Lombardo and my mom, Florence Pederson, 2 women whose eye for design I respect, opinion I value and advice I sought frequently. Thanks for helping me make good decisions.
But here's what you are really interested in, the finished product
| Quartz counter-top |
| The sink has a removable tray for draining items. Thanks Mom for finding this sink at Pirch. |
| I get excited about the little things, like that the amount of time left in the cycle of the dishwasher displays on the floor. |
Nice! Fancy schmancy.
ReplyDeleteThe last picture is my favorite.
ReplyDelete